Gum disease is a dangerous oral health condition that can put an unfortunate strain on your oral health and smile. In fact, it is widely known that the leading cause of tooth loss in adults is linked to gum disease. Taking care of your smile is important, while it is also important to avoid this dreadful disease. Our periodontist, Dr. Ali M Arastu with Periodontal Consultants in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, cares about your oral health and is happy to give you insight on the signs and symptoms to watch out for.
Here are some symptoms of gum disease:
– Gums that frequently bleed due to common activities involving eating or chewing foods could be linked to gum disease. Blood spots can also arise while brushing and flossing your teeth so always be on the lookout for any frequent bleeding you may have.
– Gum disease is known to make teeth extra sensitive or tender to the touch.
– Gum recession, also known as tooth recession, is a condition in which your gums pull back away from your teeth. This will expose a tooth’s root and make you vulnerable to tooth loss.
– Inflammation, swelling, and other common visual issues associated with your gums could be the result of gum disease.
– If you frequently suffer from bad breath and it continues to return, it may be linked to gum disease.
If you think you could be at risk for gum disease, then call us today at 215-463-6677 to get a checkup. Our dental team is trained and experienced at treating this harmful condition and is happy to help you overcome it. So, call us today and let us help your smile become healthy once again.